Tuscan gnudi with Sunny HeRBs coloured chards and herbs butter
This is a rustic main course from the Italian rural tradition revisited with a classy touch. This is the brand new video recipe from chef Luca Cellerino’s kitchen: a well-balanced dish which is appetizing and easy to make at the same time.Ready?
- 250g Sunny HeRBs coloured chards
- 250g cow’s milk ricotta
- 50g all purposes flour
- 100g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 40g unsalted butter
- Heat the pan with a little extra virgin olive oil and the garlic glove
- Add chopped and cleaned Sunny HeRBs coloured chards
- Stew the veggies with the lid on for approximately 10 mins
- Remove the garlic glove and put the Sunny HeRBs coloured chards in the mixer bowl
- In a different bowl combine the ricotta, egg, ground nutmeg, 50g Parmesan and salt and pepper.
- Whisk this mixture till you obtain a uniform consistency. Add the flour in order to thicken the mixture and make it suitable for cooking.
- Make some small balls
- Try to cook one single Gnudo in salted boiling water to make sure it remains firm. In case it turns to mush add some more flour to the mixture. When you get the right consistency, cook them untill they float to the top, then scoop out with a skimmer
- Wash Sunny HeRBs sage, thyme, marjoram and rosemary. Dry the leaves and chop everything.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the chopped Sunny HeRBs.
- Season the Gnudi with the herbs butter.
- Divide the gnudi among the plates and garnish them with parmesan cheese e fresh Sunny HeRbs leaves.