Beetroot Salmon Gravlax with Sunny HeRBs chervil and fennel
A famous preparation which comes from the Sweden tradition: beetroot salmon gravlax with Sunny HeRBs chervil and fennel.A new videorecipe of the chef Luca Cellerino for a dish with a delicate flavour and a powerful appearance.Ready?
- 500g sushi-grade salmon or 200g defrost salmon
- 200g flaky sea salt
- 150g roasted beetroot
- Sunny HeRBs chervil leaves
- Sunny HeRBs fennel tufts
- 2 white natural yoghurt jars
- A few drops of apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted bread
- Begin curing the salmon as this procedure has to take place 48h before consumption
- Mix flaky salt with sugar. Pour half mixtuture on the bottom of a baking tray
- Set the salmon on the salt and sugar mixture, skin side down.
- Blend the roasted beetroot
- Wash, dry and chop Sunny HeRBs chervil and fennel
- Put the beetroot purée and the herbs together with the salt and sugar mixture and cover the salmon fillet with it.
- Wrap the baking dish with cling film and let the fish cure in the fridge for 48h.
- After 2 days quickly rinse the salmon fillet and pat dry with kitchen paper
- Prepare the yoghurt sauce: put the yoghurt in a bowl, add a few drops of apple cider vinegar, salt and pepperand whisk well.
- Thinly slice the gravlax and serve in a plate with the yoghurt sauce and some slices of toasted bred.
- Garnish with Sunny HeRBs chervil and fennel