Stuffed Anchovies with Sunny HeRBs borage, the Ligurian way
A traditional Genoese dish brought into contemporary cuisine: stuffed anchovies with Sunny HeRBs borage, the Ligurian way.This course can be served as an appetizer or a main course blending together the flavours of the sea and of our land. This recipe captures the essence of the culinary tradition of a region which uses poor raw materials to make extraordinary dishes.Here the new videorecipe of the chef Gian Luca Cellerino.Ready?
- 40 fresh anchovies
- 2 eggs
- 200g grated Parmesan cheese
- 300g Sunny HeRBs borage
- 300g Swiss chards
- 60g bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 100g breadcrumbs
- Sunny HeRBs oregano and marjoram
- 1 garlic glove
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovies fillets in oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and chop Sunny HeRBs borage and Swiss chards
- Put in a saucepan with some extra virgin olive oil the four anchovies fillets and the finely minced garlic and let it brown for approximately 2 minutes. Add the Sunny HeRBs borage and the Swiss chards and cook for 10 mins.
- Soak the bread in some milk for a few minutes
- Transfer the cooked vegetables into a bowl with the squeezed bread, fresh leaves of oregano and marjoram, the eggs and the grated Parmesan Cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well till you get a compact mixture.
- Let it rest in the fridge
- In the meantime clean the anchovies under cold running water and open them in two, as a book. Arrange the fillets in a colander.
- Take the vegetables mixture from the fridge and use it to stuff the anchovies. Put a teaspoon of stuffing on each fillet, press it with your hand and then cover with another fillet, like a sandwich.
- Oil a baking tray and sprinkle it with breadcrumbs, place the anchovies in concentric circles from the outer circle to the inner circle.
- Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and bake for 15 minutes at 180°C.
- Serve the stuffed anchovies when they are still hot, garnish the plate with the remaining Sunny HeRbs.