Swordfish cubes with Venere black rice and creative Sunny heRBs basil pesto
A fish course ideal as a starter or as a second course. Its delicate taste is enriched by the aromatic and spiced flavour of our creative Sunny heRBs basil pesto.Let’s cook together!
- 200 gr Venere black rice
- 600 gr Swordfish slices
- Peel of one medium lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sunny heRBs mint
To prepare the creative Sunny heRBs basil pesto
- 100 gr leeks
- 20 gr fresh ginger
- Sunny heRBs basil
- 30 gr extra virgin oil
- Salt to taste
- Bring to a boil a pot of salted water and pour the Venere black rice in it. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Peel the ginger and chop it; then clean the leek and cut into round slices.
- Warm some olive oil and add the ginger and the leek. Brown them for 4/5 minutes.
- Once browned, put the ginger and leek in an hand blender jar and add the Sunny heRBs basil leaves (well washed and dried on kitchen paper)and some olive oil.
- Blend it with the hand blender till smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Skin the swordfish slices and cut them into cubes.
- Warm a pan with a drizzle of oil and add the swordfish cubes. Pan fry on high heat for 5 minutes. Add the grated lemon peel and season to taste.
- Once the black rice is ready, drain it and pour it into a bowl. Add a drizzle of oil and some grated pepper. Stir it well.
- Free your creativity to create a nice dish and, at the end, add a drizzle of oil and a few leaves of Sunny heRBs mint.
- Serve lukewarm or room temperature.