Vegetarian meatloaf ligurian way with Sunny heRBs oregano and majoram
A traditional vegetarian dish of our Liguria region. Tasty and aromatic thanks to Sunny heRBs oregano and majoram. Here is an easy recipe to make from scratch
- 700 gr green beans
- 3/4 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 eggs
- 80 gr grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped Sunny heRBs majoram
- 1 tablespoon chopped Sunny heRBs oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Bread crumbs to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Salt to taste
- Wash the potatoes and boil them with their skin for 35 minutes
- Wash the green beans and boil them in salted water for 10/15 minutes
- Drain the green beans and chop them up. Put them in a bowl and put aside
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and mash them in a different bowl
- Chop up the onion and let it brown in a pan with 3 tablespoons of water and 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil for 3/4 minutes
- Once the onion is translucent put the green beans in the same pan and let them cook them for a few minutes
- Put the green beans and the potatoes in the same bowl
- Finely chop the Sunny heRBs oregano and majoram and add them to the mixture of potatoes and green beans. Mix till well blended
- Beat the eggs together with the parmesan cheese in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and some grated nutmeg.
- Combine the mixture of vegetables with the eggs.
- Grease a baking pan and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Put the mixture of eggs and vegetables into the baking pan and draw a few lines on top of it with a fork.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and some olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180°C till golden brown.
- Serve in slices, lukewarm or room temperature.