Jerusalem artichoke soup with with king prawn and Sunny heRBs winter savory and lemon thyme
A delicious and delicate first course seasoned with Sunny heRBs winter savory and lemon thyme.A variation of the original recipe, which matches perfectly with king prawns and aromatic herbs.Let’s cook together!
- 300 gr Jerusalem artichoke
- 2 shallots
- Sunny heRBs winter savory to taste
- Sunny heRBs lemon thyme to taste
- Brandy (if you like it)
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 2/3 teaspoons of butter
- 2 dl milk
- 500 gr potatoes
- Salt to taste
- Peel and finely chop the shallots
- Brown them in a pan with some olive oil and some butter, adding one tablespoon of water.
- Wash the prawns, peel them and set aside the tails.
- Put the prawn shells and the Sunny heRBs witner savory into the same pan with the shallots. Cook on medium heat adding a cup of water and salt to taste.
- Peel, wash and slice the potatoes and the Jerusalem artichoke.
- Filter the prawn shells stock and put it in a pot with the potatoes, the Jerusalem artichoke and the milk. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Once ready, turn off the heat and blend it till smooth. If it looks to thick, add some more milk to taste. Keep it warm.
- Pan fry the prawns tails, adding some brandy and the Sunny heRBs lemon thyme.
- Serve the Jerusalem artichoke soup with the king prawns tails, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and the fresh aromatic herbs to garnish.