Rustic chickpea soup with Sunny HeRBs lemongrass cuttlefish and crispy bacon
A single course a big surprise: pairing ingredients you wouldn’t expect to find together. Savour every single mouthful of this recipe: rustic chickpea soup with Sunny HeRBs lemongrass cuttlefish and crispy bacon.Ready?Watch the video and follow the recipe!AROMA SAPORE SALUTE in your kitchen!
- 200g dried chickpeas
- 400g cleaned cuttlefish
- 16 bacon slices
- 3 Sunny HeRBs lemongrass stalks
- 1 celery stick
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak dried chickpeas for 24h to rehydrate. Add them to a large pot, cover with water and bring everything to a boil.
- Clean Sunny HeRBs lemongrass stalks
- Add the lemongrass stalks to the pot with chickpeas when they are almost ready.
- When the chickpeas are cooked, drain them and set aside.
- Pound some Sunny HeRBs lemongrass so it releases its natural aromatic oils and chop the remaining Sunny HeRBs lemongrass stalks
- Heat up some oil in a pan and add minced garlic and lemongrass, then pour the chickpeas and cook for a while. Turn off the stove and pour everything in the food processor bowl.
- Mix quickly the ingredients to get a chunky soup. Keep it warm.
- Fill a pot with water, add celery, carrot and onion and bring to a boil. Cook the cuttlefish.
- When it is ready, chop the cuttlefish julienne style.
- Crisp four bacon slices per person in a non-stick frying pan.
- Pour the cuttlefish strips into the pan where you fried the bacon so it can develop a richer flavour.
- Serve the soup topped with cuttlefish and crispy bacon.