Sunny HeRBs rocket pesto gnocchi with fresh tuna
A satisfying quick summer pasta recipe: Sunny HeRBs rocket pesto gnocchi with fresh tuna.If you think rocket taste is too bitter this recipe with tomatoes in it will change your mind.Rocket pesto is a great alternative to the traditional Genoese basil pesto. Its flavour matches perfectly with fresh tuna.Here the new video recipe of the chef Gian Luca Cellerino.Ready?Watch the video and follow the recipe!
- 800g potatoes gnocchi
- 400g fresh tuna
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 20 small tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for rocket pesto
- 100g Sunny HeRBs rocket
- 50cl extra virgin olive oil
- 50g pine nuts
- 50g Grana Padano cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- Clean 2 garlic cloves and mince them. Heat some oil in a frying pan and add the anchovy fillets and the minced garlic. Wait a few minutes, then add tomatoes wedges.
- Fill a large saucepan with water, put the lid on and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- In the meantime prepare Sunny HeRBs rocket pesto: wash carefully rocket leaves, dry them thoroughly and put them in a food processor. Add pine nuts, Grana Padano cheese, garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Add the olive oil while the food processor is running, pulse at minimum speed, till you get a smooth paste.
- Cut the tuna into small cubes.
- Poach gnocchi in batches in the pan of lightly salted water. When they float to the top, strain them.
- Pour in a big bowl and combine together tomato sauce, gnocchi, rocket pesto and tuna. Cover with a lid for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish each plate with fresh Sunny HeRBs rocket leaves.