Lettuce Cups stuffed with Sunny HeRBs Savory spiced Rice
You can use our Sunny HeRBs savory to make a fancy summer meal. A fresh cup filled with savory rice and peas with ricotta sauce.Ready?
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 100g Carnaroli rice
- 200g water
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- 70g peas
- Sunny HeRBs Winter savory
- 250g cow’s milk ricotta
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 1 glass milk
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the water to boil and add the salt. Stir in the rice. When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat and let sit to finish absorbing any liquid.
- In the meantime wash and chop Sunny HeRBs winter savory leaves.
- In a large pot of boiling water, parboil the lettuce leaves. When they are tender remove them from the water and discard the core. Let dry the lettuce leaves on a kitchen rag
- When the rice is ready put it in a large bowl
- Cook with the lid on without stirring. When the water is fully absorbed the rice is ready. To be sure have a taste.
- Add Parmesan cheese, drained peas, lemon zest, oil, salt and pepper and savory to the rice
- Stir everything together as to combine the ingredients.
- Line each muffin cup with two lettuce leaves
- Fill each cup with the rice pressing down gently. Fold over leaf overhang to cover filling.
- Let the cups rest in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Prepare the ricotta sauce: mix the ricotta with milk and oil with a whisk till you get a smooth sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve one stuffed lettuce cup per person, on a bed of ricotta sauce and top it with some savory leaves and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to garnish.