Carasau bread cannelloni with Sunny heRBs winter savory
A creative and delicious first course which brings out the amazing flavour of the Sunny heRBs winter savory.
- 800 gr canned borlotti beans
- 80 gr Carasau bread
- 1 medium onion
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes
- a small bundle Sunny heRBswinter savory
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop up the onion and the sun-dried tomatoes
- Separately, chop up the Sunny heRBs winter savory
- Pour 2 or 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan, add the onion and omatoes and stew for 10 minutes at medium-low heat.
- Add the previously drained borlotti beans in the pan. Cook for a few minutes
- Short before removing the pan from heat add in the chopped Sunny heRBs winter savory and season to taste.
- Remove from heat and pour the mixture in a blender. Blend well and if needed add some water.
- Melt a teaspoon of salt into ca. two cups of water.
- Arrange the Carasau bread sheets on the kitchen counter and paint them generously with the salted water. Wait until they are soft.
- From the Carasau bread sheets cut 8 rectangles of approximately 15×10 cm.
- Paint each rectangle with some extra virgin olive oil and put on the centre of each 2 tablespoons of borlotti beans filling. Roll them up.
- Arrange the cannelloni in a baking pan slightly greased with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C