Sunny heRBs chives flavoured tuna steak with Sunny heRBs mint pesto.
A delicate and fresh second course which combines the tastes of the sea and the freshness of the Sunny heRBs mint.
- 600 gr freshtuna steaks
To prepare themarinade:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Sunny heRBs chive
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 garlic glove
- Salt and pepper to taste
To prepare the mint pesto
- 30 gr Sunny heRBs mint leaves
- 20 gr pine nuts
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- • Salt and pepper to taste
- Start from the mint pesto: put in a blender the washed Sunny heRBs mint leaves, the pine nuts and the extra virgin olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste and blend till smooth.
- Prepare now the marinade by starting to wash, dry and chop up the Sunny heRBs chives.
- In a large bowl pour the juice of half a lemon,the extra virgin olive oil, the chopped garlic and the Sunny heRBs chives.
- Arrange the tuna steaks in the bowl and rub the marinade in on both sides, in order to flavour the steaks properly.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Marinate for ca. 30 minutes.
- Heat up a pan and arrange the marinated tuna stakes in it. Cook one minute on each side.
- Once ready, slice the tuna steaks in slices of ca. 2cm.
- Arrange the slices on a dish and add some coarse salt.
- Serve the Sunny heRBs mint pesto in a separate small bowl.